New future

Share with us your alternative energy ideas and projects. Tell us about your experiments, no matter how far-fetched they may seem.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Jim from Canada

Well I have found out that my company will not be accomodating me with my permanent restrictions. WSIB is putting me through a LMR (labour market return) which includes re training. So, at my age, I am going back to school. We (Sal and I) have narrowed it down a little and I am heading in the direction of renewable energy. I think I want to design systems that use renewable energy (wind, solar, etc). I think they call it environmental engineering but it may fall under the civil engineering category. We will see what happens. I guess I will be the old dude in college, lol.

Jim
Jim from Canada

Found a course called "Alternative Energy Engineering Technology" That I am interested in. Now I have to get the brain in gear for calculus, physics and chemistry. Oh man, it's been sooo long. I hope I don't strip a gear in the old grey matter! lol

Jim
Yanita

LOL,

Jim you will be fine and do and even better. I have faith in ya! Since you are going to do this I think you have chosen a great new career path.

Hope all is well in your area! I am about to freeze to death here in the south...dam, suppose to get down to 23* tonight. LOL, went and drained the outside spigots and won't be turning the heat way down tonight!

Am leaving for Pennsylvania tomorrow, man am I really gonna freeze!

Tell Sal I said Hello,

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
lgreen35

hello all,
Wow, best of luck to you and I am sure you will do well.

It seems even if we call ourselves old, the brain can embrace new learning and love it. If it is something you love to do, school will only be a stepping stone to a great new future.

I can attest to that as I went back to school full time for a year at age 53, and now I love my job so much!