Hard to believe

Share with us your alternative energy ideas and projects. Tell us about your experiments, no matter how far-fetched they may seem.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Manitoba Bill

That just 4 weeks ago I had to buy a new window A/C as temps got up around 38C (100F). and humidex into the mid 40's

And now this week I've been running both Solar htrs. with nighttime temps getting down around 8-6C (48-42F). I try and get the temps up to 78F to keep the morning temps above 68F.

Both collectors are in summer mode but it won't be long b4 I have to start uncovering them for fall. The sun sets at 8:29 CDT. We've already lost 70 minutes at sundown, it sure gets dark early.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just an update; I had to turn on the el. furnace last night with the temps dropping down around 4C, just above freezing.
I have run the small heaters until now but had to clean and wax the registers b4 nightfall.

I have closed off my end vents, removed the hardly used new A/C and uncovered 1/2 of the #1 solar summer cover.
Had 2 Juncos at my feeder, almost 3 weeks early and the Canada Geese are almost finished their flight training.
Last edited by Manitoba Bill on Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
[color=red]
I'm not an Expert, just a DIY[/color]
Yanita

Hey Manitoba,

LOL, I was not that far north during vaca, but ummmm, it sure was chilly in the evening compared to the south. Many of our family and Friends either had the wood stoves or the furnace running at night!

Feels good to be home where it is warm.

Take care,

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!