Help With New Counter Tops

Come share your ideas for sprucing up your property.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Georgie

Well I finally got my hubby to Lowes to pick out vinyl tile for our kitchen. Well he knows I want to change my counter tops so we went over to look to see what they had so I could pick out a flooring that matched. Lowes has this new "Milano Quartz" laminate in sheets, so you can cover your existing counters for $44 a sheet. The sheets are 48x96. I cannot find a tile to match. So here's what I was thinking, we have a GORGEOUS oak laminate in the living room, I wanted to put the laminate on into the kitchen, but it matches are cabinets perfectly. Do you think this would be too much? I don't know how to post pics in a topic, but if you go to my profile and look at my album and click on the picture that reads "Living Room After" you can see the floors and the backside of my kitchen cabinets. I have picture painter and I have tried to find something close on there but no luck. Here is the link to the counter top at lowes. THANKS!

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=p ... lpage=none
Yanita

Hi Georgie,

I think it will look fine.

As for posting pics in your replies, in the upper right of the reply box should be a upload pic icon.

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
gram2logan

I think it would be pretty. But....it would be a little too neutral for my tastes. What accent color(s) would you use?
Stop talking before people stop listening!
Greg

Be very careful if you are thinking about recovering your counters with new formica, it is HARD to work with. I have always had problems with the adhisive holding and it is very hard to make clean smooth cuts. Is the front edge square or rounded? I have done two tiled counter tops they are actually easier to do than formica. Just something to think about. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Yanita

Hi,

Greg is right, laminate can be hard for the inexperienced with it.

For the price of the counter top already made I would go with that.

If inexperienced with cutting the sink hole out, just remember to predrill holes in the corner areas so as not to chip the laminate.

Yanita
Harry

Hi

Working with sheet laminate is a true art form.

Here's a link which has some tips of how to install it:

http://www.extremehowto.com/xh/article. ... e_id=60210

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
Georgie

THANKS GUYS! :o)
Yanita

Your welcome Georgie,

Let us know what you do and be sure to post pics.

Yanita