why is my paint still sticky?

Come share your ideas for sprucing up your property.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

marriednamobile

we moved in last Nov., before closing the community painted the whole house a beige semi-gloss, well I can press my hand against the wall or lean against them and if feels like the walls are tacky... the paint isn't coming off or anything, but it's weird... any suggestions?

(I am in the strip-removing/repainting process now, I'm using sherwin williams super paint in eggshell finish, with 2 coats of glidden gripper primer underneath)
The flower that blooms in adversity is the rarest, and most beautiful of all.
Greg

There are some manufactures of paints that do have a tacky feel to them long after they dry.
I suspect that it may be due to Federal VOC regulations, If you notice paints today do not have the smells they used to have a few years ago.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
HouseMedic

I might also be that they did not wait long enough in between coats. Since it is a semi-gloss this could happen.

Ron
marriednamobile

I think it was a combination of all of the above. I did really good prep and after I painted my walls with a good eggshell paint they're not tacky at all, I can't tell you how much I disliked the semi-gloss they had on there!
The flower that blooms in adversity is the rarest, and most beautiful of all.
WildIrish

Or maybe it was cheap paint? The interiors of our MH were painted by the previous owners, who used Walmart paint for everything. And yes, it feels sticky!
[img]http://i30.tinypic.com/2v9p75c.gif[/img]