Laminate flooring in a kitchen

Come share your ideas for sprucing up your property.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

ShelleyL

Hi,
My 1972 Premier has a very open floor plan and as it is also very tiny I had wanted to use the same wood laminate flooring throughout (except the bathroom). I've researched using laminate in the kitchen - and some are for; some not so much! Would gluing the edges together improve water resistance...or just make it a real hassle should I need to repair the floor should the kitchen flood?

Thanks,
Shelley
Golden, BC
Greg

I have Laminate in the kitchen, both bathrooms and in front of the door with no problems. I think if you buy a QUALITY flooring and wipe up standing water you will be fine.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
joedirt63

The first room i put laminate flooring was my bath, the under layment also gives and extra vapor barrier and insulates somewhat. have it down 3 years now with no issues. as greg said wipe up the water ,and no worries.
"a man has got to know his limitations", clint eastwood. " i haven't found mine yet," me
aly007

Hi Dear,
Why are you in tension ? Don't take a tension, 2 month ago I have Laminate my house & restaurant. I have face no problem.
You have hire good quality flooring & mechanic. Every thing is fine.

Thanks for the replies and info...I've bought some quality laminate ($$-ouch)...I hadn't thought of the extra benefits of the under layment - great!