Rustoleum cabinet and countertop coatings

Come share your ideas for sprucing up your property.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

chablis

Has anyone tried these new coatings? What is your opinion? And most importantly, will the cabinet coating work with these gawdawful paper coated particleboard cabinets?
Chablis
Greg

Just saw a commercial for them yesterday. I would question how well it would work on particle board also. Possibly if you peal the coating first, but I really don't know.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
joedirt63

hello, i am very interested in them also but i would think that the coating on these cabinets would maybe start to peel or bubble, not sure about the chemical reaction with the surface material it's being applied to. dad had body shop and i learned alot about the chemical reaction of diffrent coatings on materials,and even over other coatings. most all the demo's i saw was over new unfinished wood ,or partly stripped wood cabs and doors. been very interested in the bath tub coating system they have out now . wonder how it works on plastic tubs? it's like rino lineing for you bath tub.
"a man has got to know his limitations", clint eastwood. " i haven't found mine yet," me