Plants and Trees Dying Overnight?

Come share your ideas for sprucing up your property.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Harry

Yep

Yanita I agree.

And you never know when some yeahoo errs and over chlorinates … or worse.

Years ago my boss came to work and said his brother-in-law had been taking care of his koi pond while he was on vacation. Seems as though the brother-in-law added chlorinated water to the pond and killed his high dollar fish. And my sister …no telling how many goldfish she killed with water from the tap.

Grandma and Mr Wizard said plants always do better if you let the chlorine dissipate for a day.

Who’s Mr Wizard? … he was that science guy I used to watch on my 17” BW TV.

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
Maureen

We got to the bottom of it today! The extension office informed our General Improvement District of the chlorine level. Our water gets piped in from Reno and then sits in about 8 holding tanks around the valley. They add more chlorine to the water in the tanks, for some reason. Some one added way too much chlorine this last time. They are working on the problem.

The good news is that it's pouring rain right now, so I won't have to water the plants and trees in the yard tomorrow. We live in drought land and can only water 2 days a week, depending on our addresses, odd or even, businesses get 2 days and there is no watering on Mondays. It's been this way for the last 20 some odd years.

The house plants are doing fine, I have no idea why. I do let the water sit before I use it, but not for 24 hours, more like 6 hours. Must have been enough time to get most of the chlorine out.

Now, that we have that figured out, Mother Nature has decided to have a real warped sense of humor. It was 95 degrees 3 days ago. Like I said, it's pouring rain right now, but we're expected to go down to freezing tonight. Yep, that means snow LOL! Bye, bye annuals and veggies! I give up this year! I'm really thinking silk arrangements for the outdoor planters!

Maureen 8)
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow.
'Plato'