Granite countertop

Come share your ideas for sprucing up your property.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Suzque49

WoooHooo, I found a great deal on granite countertops today.
$39 a sq foot, with installation and taxes included as well as an upgraded edge profile.
The acrylic solid surface I was looking at was $54 a sq ft not including taxes etc.
Check it out at Home Depot if your looking for granite. Not a big selection, but nice with a permashield coating guarenteed 15yrs, don't need to seal the surface, which was my concern about stone. I want no maintenance.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Susan
JD
Site Admin

Great price on the granite! You'll love it. I did one of our bathrooms with Zodiac Quartz. Saving up for the kitchen counters.

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
flcruising

Beautiful!

Did you do the cabinets at the same time? They look new too (from what can be seen).
[color=blue]Aaron[/color]
Suzque49

This is a picture of the store display. We are doing the cabinets too, I got natural maple, 42 inch ready to assemble cabinets. I think I got a good price on them too. A contrator gave us a bid of $12,685. for JUST the cabinets. I was able to get the same quality for half that price. all solid wood, no particle board, soft close drawers etc. by shopping online, but finding a "local" store I was able to go to and look at what I was buying.
Here are the cabinets I got, (the light maple ones in the middle).
Won't be able to start the project for a few weeks yet. My hubby and son are the installers and right now are busy with another project. :(
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Susan
mymobilehomemakeover

This is great info...thanks!
We have been plotting and planning a total kitchen makeover in our doublewide for about 6 months and just can't decide on how to configure it. We're taking out a wall of cabinets and making that more floorspace and then adding a 4'x4' island in the middle for utility and eating meals at. We will make the island out of cabinets and granite. I'm curious how wide the granite pieces are that you can order. I'll check it out. Thanks!

Beth