Inside windows

Come share your ideas for sprucing up your property.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

adr1209

I have two windows on an indoor wall separating the kitchen from the living room. They had glass in them, but boys will be boys, and they no longer have glass in them. I would like to do something usable with them. Right now, they have sheer curtains, but I'm not liking that. I was thinking about sheet rocking over the living room side and putting small shelves on the kitchen side for some added interest. Anyone have any other ideas?
Yanita

Hi,

Welcome to the site!

That sounds like a great idea...some others, plantation shutters or add interest with porch scrolling trim or hang plants in there, or stained glass.

Goodness the women on this site will jump all over this one, be ready to have a hard time choosing what you are going to do LOL.

Good luck,

~Yanita~
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
kashton

I think shelves with nic-nacs that can be enjoyed from both sides. I'm all for fancy candle holders, or tealight holders instead of ceramic ornaments. Or maybe even a cube picture holder so pics of the family can be seen from both sides. I used to have a pic holder that dangled, so I could have a pic on both sides.
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I'm at the front, twirling a baton!
adr1209

I think I am just going to do shelves that you can see from either side. Why go through the trouble of drywalling if I don't have to , right?
Thanks for all the replies!
Amy
Maureen

Hi Amy,

I had the same problem many years ago in a brand new mobile (back then). Early 1980's

I framed in a chair rail to sort of match the living room. Then I did place swinging shutters on top of that. Where the window once was, I topped the chair rail off with a 8 inch ledge, below the shutters. This made it easy to pass plates full of food to the living room. Yep, boys want to watch TV while they eat! I used the short louvered shutters that swing both ways.

It worked well for me!

Maureen 8)
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow.
'Plato'