Over Head Lights

Come share your ideas for sprucing up your property.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

PennylessZ28

So guys, I have two of these ugly lights in my master bathroom: Image

And they had these covers: Image

I want to replace them. But I just don't know what to put up. Anyone have any ideas?

I would like a light over my vanity, on the wall, but can I do that without major re-wiring?

Anyone have any nicer over heads they have replaced in their home? As these are found in most of the rooms throughout. I want to replace them all.

I just need some ideas.
JD
Site Admin

HD and Lowes sell 2-packs and 4 packs of flush mount dome style lights. They are a popular style now and available in many styles and finishes. Depending on what you pick, they could be as cheap as $9 each. Real simple replacement.

You can get a wall mount light that matches the finish and style, but a nice wall light might cost $40-$60. I like the ones with the alabaster glass. Running wire and installing a box on the wall should only be done by someone with the experience. Electrical is not a figure it out as you go kind of thing.

JMO
JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.