NEED IDEAS ON HOW TO PAINT(RECOLOR)FOAM TILES

Come share your ideas for sprucing up your property.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Navarre doublewide

Back again...
My DH broke his back years ago :( cause of this he HATES hard tile floors... I am installing Vinyl tile squares BUT he has fallen in LOVEY DOVEY Love :roll: with these primary colored (red, blue, green and yellow) interlocking foam tiles from Sams Club... FINE, but I do not like the dayschool type colors :oops: ... Any ideas on how to paint or recolor these tiles... I'm not wearing my glasses so if something looks oddly spelled please for give me... Thanks again
Jan Brown
The truth never lies... JanetGafneaBrown
flcruising

We've got some of those that our daughter used to play on. Are you wanting to use them as flooring? That's new. Have you considered using rubber or foam flooring like what's used in gyms and aerobics? I did drawings for a Gold's Gym once, and there's tons of flooring choices when it comes to soft floor tiles.

Zebra Mat and Mondo were the two that we spec-ed for that project if you're interested.
[color=blue]Aaron[/color]
Navarre doublewide

Well see the thing is I already have about 32 of these tiles in the primary colors... DH wants to use them to cushion (and warm) the vinyl flooring I'm installing... There are places in the web selling this foam as flooring thats looks like wood but I do not want to spend anymore money since I already have these... I guess I'll experiment and see how it goes... Jan
Yanita

Hi,

Are you also saying that you are going to install the foam under the flooring tiles?

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Navarre doublewide

NO NO... After I put down the vinyl tiles these foam blocks just sit on top of the flooring kinda like a foam runner rug.. I tried spray painting one of them with Krylon for plastic and it worked perfectly...except that the cat likes to chew on the edges and sharpen his claws on the tiles... The tiles are to help DH's bad back and that they do... I'm posting a pic to let yall see what I'm talking about
DSCF0147_0056.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DCDiva

I have these in my daycare center--I got mine at Sam too--mine have another side it is black--I can just flip them over to black--will take a photo if you want me too--tomorrow --lol--i am not going down stairs tonight :) Black will work with anything