Ceiling question

Come share your ideas for sprucing up your property.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

crackur

FROM THE CEILING FAN POST. JD SUGGESTED I MAKE MY OWN POST

SEE FOLLOWING

I need help guys with a similar situation.

I have an 87 doublewide and I want to put in ceiling fans in all the bedrooms.

Currently, in the back bedroom it has a cheap ceiling fan that is connects to nothing but the hard plastic electric wire casing. This casing has not only the power supply to it but as well running on to the wall outlets apparently my In-law told me. I know with this I will have to get an electrian.

However, my problem is........I have vaulted ceiling in the kitchen, small room connected to it and in our huge great/living room. All other rooms have regular ceiling with that panel looking ceiling they put in the homes.

M Y QUESTION is, he didn't know or suggested that joists or trusses where vaulted instead of across the ceiling.

I believe I do have them in the bedrooms but probably at 24in apart across in which the crossbar support would work for me after a electrician takes care of the re-wire in the new cross bar box.

my question is, when the ceiling is flat like that in these bedrooms, they should be some boards/truss/joist up there to keep the ceiling right? and its just not a hanging ceiling.
crackur

also to note 28X56 Elkton doublewide

like I said before I dont know what the ceiling it made of....panel looking stuff with strips running between them