stuburn wallpaper stripping.

Come share your ideas for sprucing up your property.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Lorne

My favorite scraper
[url] http://www.handsontools.com/Lisle-52000 ... .html#/url]

If you never tried one of these it is all kinds of great. I got mine from Snap-On years ago while working in a bus garage removing vinyl decals from old buses. Easy to control the scraping angle and uses single edge razor blades.

I've been fighting the wallpaper removal in the wifes bathroom.
In the other rooms where I removed the paper all I had to do was life up an edge then poor a large section off, section by section, only leaving the backing paper stuck to the wall.

I then wet it with plain water, waited until it was completely saturated, then it almost dropped off with a little urging from a scrapper.

This bathroom was first factory papered vinyl over drywall, then someone painted over that, then papered over the paint.

I have tried
2 types of commercial remover, 409, vinegar, Goo Gone, Fabric softener plus any mentioned while surfing Google.

I bought a wide wallpaper scraper from Lowes, looked great, but was a piecs of junk.

After constant soaking for hours plus using my favorite scraper, mentioned above, it is finally coming off.
They must have added wallpaper glue to pre-pasted paper on top of high gloss paint.

I was too cheap to rent a steamer. Thought it would be another easy job. Yeah right.

Thought this might help someone. Have a good day.
1987 Craftsman Double Wide 42x28,w/attached 28x12 foot enclosed porch/ re-shingled 2 yrs ago. Original exterior vinyl w/no sheathing.