Need some Garden Tub Feedback!

Come share your ideas for sprucing up your property.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

marriednamobile

I hate that "standard tubs" are so small!
I've been looking into garden tubs, and I want something that I could actually take a bath in, and be submersed in more than 6'' of water before the tub overflows...
is a garden tub what I'm looking for?
The flower that blooms in adversity is the rarest, and most beautiful of all.
Harry

Hi

I have a garden tub. It is not so big.

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
texasprairierose

married,

Something you should probably consider is...what size hot water heater do you have? We have a garden tub and originally had a 40 gallon hot water heater and had no trouble filling the tub with hot water. However, when the hot water heater went out in the dead of winter, all Lowe's/Home Depot had in stock was a 30 gallon and now the hot water runs out before our tub is full. Now instead of soaking in the tub, I just vacuum it once a week :(
peachlizzard

I love my garden tub. The looks of it anyway. I never ever use it. I dust it at least once a week. IMHO, it is a waste of space. Mine is long enough to lay down in if you bend your legs and deep enough for about chest high. Cold as the dickens though cause there is no curtain around it. Oh and the mirrors on the wall around it, GREAT DIET INCENTIVE!
marriednamobile

thank you for the feedback, I'll have to look up my water heater, but my bathroom was built for the garden tub upgrade so I'm pretty sure it's big enough...
The flower that blooms in adversity is the rarest, and most beautiful of all.