Useful laying instructions on engineered flooring

Come share your ideas for sprucing up your property.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Angie

Hi friends. I have recently started remodeling the living room and after choosing engineered floors for the room I started looking for a professional to install it. Luckily, my husband found this step by step tutorial http://www.youtube.com/user/Theflooring on how to install engineered floors and a day later the floor was laid. :) He managed to get the floor looking perfect and save money at the same time. Check it out :)
JD
Site Admin

Oh nooo! A red smock! Cool video though.
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
Yanita

Hi,

Although I do not have engineered wood flooring I can only make this observation from my customers that do. Although they are beautiful and do not have that plastic sound when walked across, I do find that the dent, scratch and chip easily. Or I should say the ones that I have seen.

I would also like to add that I am not sure it is advisable to glue down a wood floor in a MH, especially if you live in a seasonal climate, such as the northern areas. Our homes have a tendency to shift/flex during the seasons. We typically advocate floating wood floors.

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!