New here, question about TSP and texture compound

Come share your ideas for sprucing up your property.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Trudi

That faux finish is incredible!!! I'll be looking forward to seeing more from you.
Lenora_D

Thank you Trudi.

Yesterday, I used Pebeo Porcelaine paint on tooling foil to create a cover for the switch and plug face plates. This paint has to sit for 24 hours, then I have to cook it at 300 degrees in the oven for 35 minutes. This is an experiment, because I don't know how it's going to turn out. The most tedious part will be cutting and manipulating the foil to fit around the plastic plate. But I think that will be easier than trying to reinforce the foil and using it alone.
Johanna Bruns

Your finished wall is simply awesome!!

It literally looks like veined marble, to me. Wow!

Drywall joint compound is found in the lumber department, usually with the tools used to apply it. If you get someone that can't answer your questions, politely excuse yourself and ask the question again at the customer service desk. Lowe's gets very unhappy when customers can't get help when they need it.

HTH
Johanna
Lenora_D

Thanks Johanna; I will try your suggestion.
Willc

Lenora_D wrote:Thank you Trudi.

Yesterday, I used Pebeo Porcelaine paint on tooling foil to create a cover for the switch and plug face plates. This paint has to sit for 24 hours, then I have to cook it at 300 degrees in the oven for 35 minutes. This is an experiment, because I don't know how it's going to turn out. The most tedious part will be cutting and manipulating the foil to fit around the plastic plate. But I think that will be easier than trying to reinforce the foil and using it alone.

umm plastic wall plate at 300 degrees sounds like a mess
Starting over remodel junkie
Lenora_D

Willc wrote:
Lenora_D wrote:Thank you Trudi.

umm plastic wall plate at 300 degrees sounds like a mess
Oh no, I put the foil in the oven without the plastic wall plate! :shock: Hm... guess I should have made myself a little more clear on that.

After I cooked the foil covers, I fitted them around the plates. They turned out well, but they just don't look right with the wall, so I'll have to put them somewhere else and for now use the plain plates, until I can find time to make a more appropriate design.