My Somewhat Secret Garden

Come share your ideas for sprucing up your property.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

mobilejackie

When I bought the mobile home, the yard was 30 years of plastic sheeting with white gravel front and side.
The garden has been 2 years in the making with a good portion of it spent laying the rock and broken concrete pathways back-filled with gravel.
Very backbreaking but well worth it for the $ I saved by doing it myself.
The biggest expense was paying to have the posts and lattice installed by a neighbor handyman. I will also post photos of my interior at a later date. Hope you like'em!

View from Street...Image
my 10$ fountain...Image
Columns...Image
sidepath and neighbors home...Image
good place for morning coffee...Image
salvaged concrete, resurfaced.....Image
ImageImageImage
covering stairway, future deck planned...Image
...and finally back out front..
Suzque49

Wow, that looks so inviting and serene, absolutely beautiful!
Can't wait to see what you did inside.
Susan
Yanita

WOW and WOW again! That has been the best yet on site. It is exactly the style I so enjoy. You did a remearkable job and I love the fact that you recycled materials.

Where did you get the cabana drapes, make them or buy them?

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Jim from Canada

very nice
Denise

WOW is right! This isn't by any chance in San Marcos, CA?
JD
Site Admin

Most excellent! I think this could win any design competition. The flow is perfect. There has been a lot put into this small space to encapsulate it, but it does not feel busy or crowded at all. Wonderful. I wish I had 1/10th of that talent.

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
Trudi

Oh my, I am absolutely drooling. You MUST be a professional, and if you aren't, you SHOULD be.
Lorne

I say WOW also. You should be on HGTV showing folks how they can re do they're places too.

I'll show the wife what she can do to ours.
She does the outside and I do the inside.

Once again WOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!
1987 Craftsman Double Wide 42x28,w/attached 28x12 foot enclosed porch/ re-shingled 2 yrs ago. Original exterior vinyl w/no sheathing.
mobilejackie

Yanita, The outdoor curtain is a kingsize bed sheets (Walmart) on PVC pipe. They get wet when it rains but dry quickly. No mildew. I live in Texas and we had 3 days this week of 100 degree temps. The beds all have soaker hoses and I hand water the pots. When I start on the back yard I will use more drought tolarant plants. I work full time so only have 2 days a week to play in the yard. Things I plan on doing. A deck with new stairs to the front door. Adding a studio, I'm an artist and paint in the winter and the yard is my canvas in the spring and summer. Need new roof. Not happy about $3000 bid. Wonder how long I can keep patching??? So much to do so little time. Jackie
Yanita

Hi,

I thought that was the application. Looks great. I also tried bed sheets for this but within 2 weeks they were mildewed. Out door fabrics are sooo expensive.

I live in NC and the humidity can get real high.

I love where I am at but sometimes I sure wish we had a lot less land. When we lived in a park it was so much easier and alot cheaper to landscape similar to what you have done. This acre of land, the positioning of the home etc just makes doing this very daunting...and then it all needs to be maintained.

Enjoy what you have done, it's beautiful!

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
steelworkersgal

Hi Mobilejackie,

The outside of your home is absolutely gorgeous. It looks as if it was professionally done, you did a fantastic job.
mobilejackie

Thanks for the good reviews. I'll post next years backyard projects. Done with the yard for this year. Too hot here in Texas. 100 temps every day.
Arlo

Wow. I think you have the very best landscaping I've seen on this forum. It's like a private courtyard! You should set up a personal album on this site so these pictures will be easy for others to access. You ARE an artist.
mobilejackie

Arlo wrote:Wow. I think you have the very best landscaping I've seen on this forum. It's like a private courtyard! You should set up a personal album on this site so these pictures will be easy for others to access. You ARE an artist.
Ario, If I could figure out how to post a personal album I would. Help.....