Painted Textured Walls....Yaaay!!!!

Come share your ideas for sprucing up your property.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Yanita

Trudi,

The hard part is done, I did all my glazing in less than 20 minutes in my diningroom. Wash on, wipe off!

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Trudi

Isn't that the truth :?: :!: I remember when I went back to glaze my daughter's living room, she was dreading how long she would have to keep the kids out, because she was remembering how long it took to put up the tissue paper with the painting. She couldn't believe how fast the glazing went. :)
steelworkersgal

Hi Trudi,
Your walls do look very nice. Have you had any problems with the texture coming off the walls or peeling in anyway...... This is going to be my project when I'm on vacation in July. I know its going to take a while for me to do all the rooms I want. I figured the summer months would be the best time to start instead of the winter time.
Yanita

Hi,

I am not Trudi, but have had textured walls for 3 years now. No problems. I do not recall if Trudi used a textured paint or if she used a commercially sold product or just used drywall mud as I did.

About the only complaint I have with textured walls is that once you decide where to hang your pics you are pretty much committed. I also predrill before driving a nail into the wall on all those textured.

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
steelworkersgal

Thanks Yanita. I'm looking forward to getting started on my walls so they can look as good as all that I have seen on this web site.
Trudi

Hi Steelworkersgal, thanks for the compliment, and like Yanita, I've never experienced it coming off the walls. Of course cleaning and priming the walls before texturing help in that. I did use drywall mud or joint compound, and it's only been done in the mobile home since November, but I've had it on other walls for years.

One thing I should tell you though. Before I began taping the seams, [which I always do now] sometimes I would get cracks where the paneling sheets met. When that happened, I just skimmed a small amount of spackling compound to cover the cracks, and touched up the paint and glaze.

Be sure to post pics as you go along, and try to get a BEFORE picture to remind you of what you accomplised :-}
Katie

HI TRUDI:
ATTA GIRL !!! had I been looking sooner, I would have responded because I love textured walls. I posted a while back (September) how I textured my ceiling and walls, and I love it so much I still want to kiss it . Its hard to make texture show in a pic. But its "dreamy" in real life.
Congratulations on your hard work, I know, it is work. My once totally junker of a doublewide is now not only liveable, but pretty darn cute :wink: ! Someday when the spirit moves me I'll send some pics too.
bye.
Katie
Trudi

Thanks Katy, and please DO post pics. I would love to see what else you've done.