Need pictures of redesign/remodels

Come share your ideas for sprucing up your property.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Muir

Hi,

I'm currently working on my manufactured home and the paint's nearly done, the cabinets are being stained, and the flooring is ready to be laid.

So basically I'm looking for ideas on lighting, furniture groupings, bathroom design etc..

I'm thinking of putting wall sconces in the kitchen, which will have light gray countertop, bamboo look linoleum, walnut stained oak cabinets, and antique white walls.

I'm also considering using paint pen to add detail to furniture i.e. wood and the washer/dryer. Does anyone have any experience with that, and how did it turn out?

Please post pictures of really creative and unusual remodels or just post a reply if you have pictures in your album.

Thanks! :D
Last edited by Muir on Tue May 12, 2009 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yanita

Hi

To look at others pics just click on the album link in the blue task menu. As for the other items just type in decorating styles that you like and you will get lots of hits...contemporary, country, Tuscan, cottage...

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Muir

Yanita wrote:Hi

To look at others pics just click on the album link in the blue task menu. As for the other items just type in decorating styles that you like and you will get lots of hits...contemporary, country, Tuscan, cottage...

Yanita
Hi Yanita,

I know how to look at the pictures but I don't necessarily have the time to browse every single person's album.

Unfortunately, I don't really like any particular style. I'm just looking for creative remodels and designs.

Thanks for the tips.
Trudi

Hi Muir,
Can you post some pics of your rooms and maybe we can offer some specific suggestions?
Muir

Hi Trudi,

I don't have any pictures immediately available, but will upload asap. Probably it will be pics of before the remodel. Right now, though, the rooms look like they did before the remodel- except they're painted! :lol:

Well.. and some junk is moved out, wainscoting taken down, etcetera..
Trudi

Good, looking forward to seeing them. Once we see the layout of rooms and so forth, we'll better know what to suggest. :)
marriednamobile

Check this out, tons of great ideas that are easily adaptable... gave me loads of inspiration!
http://www.thisyounghouse.com/photo-gallery-2/
The flower that blooms in adversity is the rarest, and most beautiful of all.
amcool

Muir wrote:Hi,

I'm currently working on my manufactured home and the paint's nearly done, the cabinets are being stained, and the flooring is ready to be laid.

So basically I'm looking for ideas on lighting, furniture groupings, bathroom design etc..

I'm thinking of putting wall sconces in the kitchen, which will have light gray countertop, bamboo look linoleum, walnut stained oak cabinets, and antique white walls.

I'm also considering using paint pen to add detail to furniture i.e. wood and the washer/dryer. Does anyone have any experience with that, and how did it turn out?

Please post pictures of really creative and unusual remodels or just post a reply if you have pictures in your album.

Thanks! :D
I've found this this site useful for me. http://www.bathroomandkitchenguide.com.
It's about Bathroom design and remodeling advice.

You may also try to contact the web owner for any questions you may have. :idea:
ranjosh

Here's mine try to look this one..

[Pictures below removed by moderators. As shadow745 said, this is a spammer. I left the pic addresses below to show that these pics were just picked out randomly from other web sites. No need to go to them. the images are shown below]

pic#1 - shop.cantoni.com/v/vspfiles/assets/images/enews/134/2.jpg

pic#2 - lovelythings.typepad.co.uk/photos/uncategorized/2008/03/27/zarass2008moroccan.jpg

pic#3 - caststoneeffects.com/Press/sept08signature/furniture.jpg

[Link deleted - Advertising not allowed in signature]
middysmom

this cannot be your mobile home if it is i wish you would decorate mine it is beautiful thanks dorothy from tenn
shadow745

I'd say the member "ranjosh" is a spammer. One thing... NO mobile home is gonna be that spacious and second.... this is the person's first post. This is usually how they lure people in. You click on their name to find out more and they send you crap through e-mail exchanges or whatnot. Later!
Do what you can today, as you might not be here tomorrow!
JD
Site Admin

Here are the "mobile home" pics that the spammer posted, in case any wanted to see them.

Pic#1

Pic#2

Pic#3

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
Arlo

That second photo looks just like my place. I was gonna ask if I should put more blocks under the marble column. :lol: But seriously just about the day I first read his/her post I started getting LOTS of spam advertising mostly online schools.
Trudi

LOL, Arlo. No, I think you have the perfect number of blocks under the column, and I love the "busy" pattern you chose for the walls. You can barely see where the batten strips were. :lol:
Johanna Bruns

I want that house!

If that's a mobile, it's got to have what the D&D folks call a "bag of holding", with more space inside than it takes up outside (LOL!).