Flooded Bathroom Sparks Remodel

Come share your ideas for sprucing up your property.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

bell30655

Found out the hard way that there were no water shut offs on the sinks in my mobile home. My six year old daughter walks into the living room and tells me that her bathroom is flooded. Thinking that the toilet overflowed or something simple I rush in there to find several inches of water on the floor. The connection between the cold water supply and the faucet failed.

By the time I got the water off the damage was done. So I decided to make lemonade out of the lemons that life handed me. I removed the ruined particle board floor from the bathroom replacing it with marine grade plywood. I found some good looking peel & stick tile, a bit of paint... a new vanity with a new faucet and SHUT OFFS... Only have baseboards and crown modeling to install tomorrow.

My daughter is very happy. I'd planned to replace the entrance way and living room carpet with laminate now that project gets moved up.

Yanita

Hmmm, is that Ariel on the walls, LOL? I have Granddaughters.

Yup, one repair leads to another, or at least that is what happens around here.

I take it you did not replace under the shower?

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
bell30655

The back half of the bathroom (tub area to this side of the toilet) had already been replaced with plywood by a previous owner.