What color are YOUR cabinets?

Come share your ideas for sprucing up your property.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

marriednamobile

Just wondering, I'm looking for some ideas...
If anyone has a tip for finding affordable cabinet doors I would really appreciate that as well!
The flower that blooms in adversity is the rarest, and most beautiful of all.
Dean3

Have You checked a local Restore outlet? they sell many things for all types of construction and stuff.

Dean
NMBowtie

When I bought my home, the cabinets were a kind of white washed (or pickled) oak look that was, at least in my opinion, ugly. Especially in the kitchen, where the previous owners had painted the cabinet doors light blue. To top it all, the counter tops were a horrible purple mottled laminate, so nothing went together.

I primed and painted all the cabinets (except for the laundry room so far) a semi gloss white, and I tiled the countertops and backsplashes. In the kitchen, I used a cobalt blue 2x2 mosiac tile on the countertops, and the backsplashes are tiled up to the bottom of the cabinets with a 4x4 white with 1x1 cobalt blue insets in the corners. I used a stained oak 1x3 (honey color) for the edges of the countertops and island. Makes it look like a new kitchen. In the baths, I tiled with 4x4 white on the countertops and tub deck, and used a 3x3 creme color tile for the edges and backsplash behind the tub. I will try to get some pictures up this weekend if I can.
Gun control is not about guns, it's about control.
kathyp12816

Hi -- I'm looking for ideas, too. I hope you post your pictures, NMBowtie. . . sounds like the look I'm hoping for -- and one I can tackle myself. Have you done anything with your floors?
a123

green with black trim soon to have black granite tops
Greg

I guess I am the type that does not like to paint over the natural beauty of wood, ours are Oak, and I would break anyone's arm thet tried to paint over them! Greg

"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
NMBowtie

Lets try these pictures and see if it works.

First, this is how the cabinets started, except in the kitchen the doors were painted light blue. I will look for some of the photos the Realtor had when we bought the house that show the kitchen, I just don't know where I saved them.

This is what they look like after painting them white and tiling the counter tops and back splash. Sorry for the angle of the photo, my wife had a couple dishes in the sink and didn't want me to have them in the picture.

Gun control is not about guns, it's about control.
flcruising

[color=blue]Aaron[/color]
TonyPa

Greg! I think we have something in common....LOL
Here is my current kitchen, that is in my home, that we will be leaving soon. SAME combo, red/oak.
The only photo I have is with my son in it.

margueratesullivan

What are the most active and respected web discussion forums/groups for interior design and decoration issues?
I'm trying to find which interior design web forums (on Yahoo or elsewhere on the web) are popular and generally seen by professional designers and decorators and enthusiasts in the field as the primary forums for such discussions (on decoration, paint, fabrics, furniture, lighting, accessories etc.)

Measure each and every cabinet door and drawer front and call one of those companies that sell cabinet resurfacing. Offer to buy the old doors off one of their jobs. A friend got some very cheap ($5.00 each) because they usually haul their customers old doors to the dump. The only problem I see is that most mobile lower cabinet doors are taller than stick built because most mobile cabinets don't have the "kick" under the base.