Pictures of remodeled kitchen

Come share your ideas for sprucing up your property.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

texasprairierose

Here are some before and after pictures of our remodeled kitchen.
The first 3 are before and the last 3 are after.
Trudi

WOW! I was thinking it looked pretty good in the BEFORE pics, but the AFTER is fantabulous!! On a side note, I just returned yesterday from visiting my daughter in Texas. Wish it was closer to N.C. I love it!!!
texasprairierose

Thanks Trudi!

I liked my kitchen before also, but it was time to replace the ceramic counter tops; we didn't intend on replacing the cabinets but when we took the counter top off, it looked as if the cabinets would collapse like a deck of cards if we took the furring strip off the wall...so one thing led to another...and another... It took us six months to finish it but I am pleased with it!

I can't remember if you told me where your daughter lives...I hope somewhere where the wind doesn't blow!! The wind has been awful here lately and we have been having weird weather...this Thursday is supposed to be 70 degrees and then they are predicting a blizzard on Friday :shock: Only in the Texas Panhandle!!
Teatime

Your kitchen looks beautiful!!!!! Well worth all of the work, I'd imagine!!!! Enjoy!!!!

Julie
Trudi

My daughter is in Austin. She had a cool day or two, then the temp was in the 80s and gorgeous. I love San Antonio too. The people are so friendly, always ready with a quick smile, but when they get behind the wheel, don't get in their way, :lol: which we did often, not being familiar with the area. :wink:
miltonnhguy

Wow. I wish my kitchen looked as good as the before pics. Very, very nice.
ms vg

Beautiful!!!

What countertop and flooring did you use? We are in the midst of an unexpected kitchen remodel because of water damage and your kitchen looks similar to what I'd like.
texasprairierose

ms vg,

Thank you!

Our countertops are High Definition laminate from
Wilsonart and the pattern is Bella Capri. The backsplash is mosaic granite tile in Giallo Veneziano that matches the countertop perfectly.

The flooring is resilient vinyl tile from Cryntel purchased from Lowe's. It is a peel and stick tile but is thicker then the old type of peel and stick. We choose 18" tiles and we opted to grout it so it looks exactly like a stone tile.

Diane
threnners

Just so you know, the cryntel 18" tiles hold up very well over time. I did my den in them several years ago and they still look perfect!
ms vg

The one we chose for the counters looks very similar, formica butterum granite #7732-58.

http://www.formica.com/publish/site/na/ ... .0006.html

The floors are congoleum prelude mohave stone #02121. Hopefully it will be installed next week.

http://congoleum.chameleonpower.com/pro ... ?sku=02121[/url]

Sherri
'93 Clayton DW
TonyPa

Awesome!! Well done!!