double bathroom doors

Come share your ideas for sprucing up your property.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

macmom

I have double doors leading to my master bath. I want to paint them white and then put mirrors and trim to make them look like french doors. my husband said that they would not hold the weight. They are the regular ole mobile home doors...what do yall good folks think? macmom
Yanita

Hi Macmom,

Not sure what size mirrors you are going to hang.

I did something similar to this in our single wide. I went to the local dollar store and got a couple of the full length mirrors and added trim around them, I used the light weight styrofoam type trim. Looked great and worked fine.

If you plan on buying the real nice heavy mirrors to cover the entire door you will definitely run into weight issues.

What does not work is a shoe rack hung on the inside of those doors, not when you have as many as I do anyways! :lol:

LOL, I generally find if my Hubby does not want to help do something he simply answers you can't do that in a mobile home! You can do about anything in a MH as you could in a traditional home, just scale it down and lighten it up!

Good hearing from you!

Have a great day!

~Yanita~
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Greg

Macmom, you are right, if you are using the heavy plate glass mirror the door WILL NOT hold it - I tried it. One of the thin "cheap" mirrors would most likely be fine. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."