Moving a mobile home

Come share your ideas for sprucing up your property.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

T2TSuz

Hi There, group! My name is Suzanne and I'm new to the group.

We've owned out SW since Aug 07, and I really love it!

We purchased it here in NW IL at the time when I thought we'd stay a good long while. Now DH thinks he'd like to move back to the West Coast within a couple of years. He THINKS we can just hire someone to move the mobile home and it would be just as cheap as rebuying one on the Oregon coast. Yes, ours wasn't expensive here (about $11K) and even 20+ year old SW in Oregon can be over $45K, but I'm SUREEEEE it would cost many many many thousands of $$ to have it "moved" 2300 miles. Any suggestions on who to contact for a move-quote? I think he's crazy to think of moving this MH which is already about 16 y/o (1993) but he thinks it's "no big deal".

Idea, suggestions?

Thanks!
(Neat group btw, I've been reading for over an hour...sorry if this question has been asked before)
~Suzanne in NW Illinois
Greg

Suz, Hi & welcome.I would make a few phone calls to some mobile home dealers in your area and see if they have any contacts for long distance movers. I am sure it's been done, but I would question if it is cost effective. You would need to check zoning or other regulations for the area you would be moving to.
These homes are built to be moved, but any modifications or remodeling done over the years will effect the moveability of the home. That also would be a question for the mover. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Johnny

Here is one I checked out last year when we were going to move ours

John

Mobile Movers
Find & Save on Affordable Licensed Mobile Movers
www.123Movers.com
If I can't fix it -- I ask questions
Yanita

Hi,

Welcome to the site!

Thats a really long haul! I know you said you bought your place in Aug 07 but was it new when you bought it? Also before you make alot of plans to move the home check and make sure that the 'rating" for your home is applicable to where you want to relocate it.

In todays economy you may find better deals than you realize.

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!