Kitchen remodeling finished...

Come share your ideas for sprucing up your property.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

kamiller73

Hey all.. :D Well, I finally got it all done. Only took me a month to do myself, but I'm sure it didn't have to take that long I am kind of a perfectionist. Here's the before and after. Painted walls, cabinets, and the little molding pieces at the top to match. I put crown molding on cabinets and made my own roll out spice tray above the Vent. We are very low on cabinet space so I took two doors that were above the old spice rack off and made it a place to display our dishes. I installed new plug-ins and light switches and new knobs. Lost track of the cost like I said it took me a month so we bought little bit at a time so it didn't seem like such a huge chunk of change all at once. We could use new appliance or matching ones.. lol, but happy for now. Painted hallway and laundry area same color and put molding around back door and bedroom door. Also painted cabinets in there too. Well, hope yall like it. Thanks for yalls input and help!!!Image
kamikaze
shadow745

Nice pics and a great looking remodel job. That kitchen is a standout..... our entire interior is painted in that same yellow. Later!
Do what you can today, as you might not be here tomorrow!
markow05

Awesome job! You should be very proud of the job you did. That's just breathtaking!
:D
peachlizzard

Looks GREAT! Every time I see pics of remodels, makes me want to get started on my own again. Congrats!
shadow745

Just wanted to say the spice rack over the hood is a nice touch. Also like the fact you have white cabinets. You paint them yourself? I know alot of people like the wood grain look and I grew up around that look along with paneling, but our entire kitchen is yellow, white cabinets and a checkered white/black floor pattern. Now I can't stand wood grain anymore.

Did you re-do the ceiling texture as well? Our entire home has a texture some call "crow's feet" and we love it as it looks like it's dripping everywhere. Later!
Do what you can today, as you might not be here tomorrow!
Yanita

HI,

Nice job! Doesn't matter how long it took as long as you got the end results you wanted.

I am sooo envious, one of the last rooms for us to renovate is our kitchen, mine is tiny so it should not cost a fortune....just tired of renos!

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Greg

I am sooo envious, one of the last rooms for us to renovate is our kitchen, mine is tiny so it should not cost a fortune....just tired of renos!

Yanita

I can see if Dave has any more "FREE" stuff!!! Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Trudi

Another "WOW" transformation from this forum. Big pat on the back for you!!!! Just stunning.
ront

great job like what you did with the trim around the doors,
injoy your new look.
Sally

Bouquets! Take a bow. Beautiful job. :D
Sally
"No good deed goes unpunished"
kmclaughlin

i love it!! great job!!
nkara

love the yellow and white together. much brighter. Also love the shelf above the hood for spices. Great space saver.
Denise

Wonderful job! Did you brush, roll or spray your cabinets? They look so smooth!
kamiller73

I took Yanita's advice on how to paint the cabinets. I washed with tps, sanded real good, filled in any holes or flaws with putty, sanded again then painted. Here's the funny part, I misunderstood that you DON'T have to sand them between each coat of paint and primer. I used like 200 grit and sanded after I primed, then again after 1st coat of paint. It's been done for a little while now and they are holding up beautifully. I clean them all the time. I kinda went between a brush and a roller. I did find on my second coat of paint I used the little foam roller ones and they left a beautiful smooth finish. Thanks for all yalls comments.
kamikaze
Yanita

Hi,

Please post pics of your finished project, then I will lock this off.

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!