Some pics...

Come share your ideas for sprucing up your property.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Dirty White Boy

Well, It's been awhile since I started and didn't want to post any pics until I got the "finishing touches down, but here are a few...

Before...

After...

Living room before...

Garbage...

Living room now...

mokehillannie

Your picture with the garbage looks just like ours looks right now. The carpet color is even the same.

We won't be able to start back to work on it until around December because we are working over 4 hours away.

Your pictures give me hope.
Yanita

Wow, what a difference. Can I ask what the material is that you used as a back splash behind the stove, how about a closer pic of it.

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Trudi

Very nice job.
Dirty White Boy

Thank you everyone...

The backsplash for the oven is a piece of fiberglass sheet laid over a piece of thin steel. It's the same fiberglass sheets that lowes or home depot sells for bathrooms. It's trimmed out in aluminum. I'll try and get a better pic...

Bathroom anyone?

Before...

gutted, new walls up and flooring down...

New throne and tub surround...

Bathroom presently...

Rope lights in the shower, I love these...
Allie2010

Dirty White Boy wrote:Well, It's been awhile since I started and didn't want to post any pics until I got the "finishing touches down, but here are a few...

Before...

After...

Living room before...

Garbage...

Living room now...

What a great job.The before shots look like the place we just bought.Did you paint the paneling or sheet rock it?The bathroom looks great too!If you don't mind me asking about how much did it cost to do the repairs-we are about to tackle the same things...
Thanks,
Allie
Dirty White Boy

I actually sprayed the walls. Considered sheetrocking for insulation purposes but was in a time cruch.

I probably spent around $10,000.00 remodeling. Some people will say that's way to much but I wanted it to be mine. Went to home depot to pick up the $89.00 bath vanity on special...came home with the $300.00 marble one instead...My sink faucet went from 60 bucks on paper to double that when I bought it...lol

Just the way it goes...

But that also includes new wall to wall carpet that was $1,500.00. Padded linolium in the kitchen and bath, Kohler sink, faucets and tub accessories.

It really does add up.
Allie2010

[quote="Dirty White Boy"]I actually sprayed the walls. Considered sheetrocking for insulation purposes but was in a time cruch.

I probably spent around $10,000.00 remodeling. Some people will say that's way to much but I wanted it to be mine. Went to home depot to pick up the $89.00 bath vanity on special...came home with the $300.00 marble one instead...My sink faucet went from 60 bucks on paper to double that when I bought it...lol

Just the way it goes...

But that also includes new wall to wall carpet that was $1,500.00. Padded linolium in the kitchen and bath, Kohler sink, faucets and tub accessories.

Thank you so much!That's the number I had in mind-I figure it's better than a whole new mobile home-even the clearance specials are $50,000+
Did you run into any unexpected problems with the bathroom renovation or was it purely cosmetic?How long did this take you and did you do it all on your own?Oh,and can you come to N.C.-just kidding!lol
thanks again!
Allie
dandjbarrett

One word: WOW. Beautiful!!
Dirty White Boy

The bathroom was the most time consuming with unforseen problems...It was supposed to be new vanity, tub and toilet. I moved the toilet over about 5 inches, which was easier said than done.lol

While pulling out the old tub unit I realized the walls behind were covered in black and brown mold. Then I discovered a leak in the ceiling...

That was supposed to be one of the easier rooms.lol
New walls, subfloor and ceiling added about 1 week.

I am just speaking from my own experience. I'm posotive others out there have spent way more than me.
dandjbarrett

:( ----> ceiling leaks, blechhhh. I just discovered 3 new (I hope) leaks and had the roof re-coated with an elastomeric sealant. I'm sure I'll have more ceiling repair in the near future, but in the meantime I'm enjoying being able to watch tv without an umbrella. :)
markow05

Your home looks awesome!! :) Great job.