Pictures of laminate flooring...

Come share your ideas for sprucing up your property.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Robin

Okay, I'm finally uploading pictures of our new laminate flooring. We actually got the hall done last fall, but I wanted to wait and post pictures of the hall and living room together. I'll put before and after pics in my album, but I'll just post the after pics here.

I hope nobody thinks I'm terrible, but I hired somebody to do our living room. Hubby and I just didn't have the time to do it - we figured we'd have to take 2 or 3 days off work to get it done, plus the aggravation, so he and I were MORE than happy to just write the guys a check! :lol:

Yanita

Hi,

Looks good! LOL, no I surley do not think your terrible for "writing a check". Sometimes we do not have the time nor ambition to get it all done. It was certainly that way for us when we had 13 windows and 2 exterior doors replaced, and a third door that replaced a window.

Hmmm, considering wriiting a check to get the front porch painted. I got it primed though!

Have a great day!

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Carol-TX

That looks lovely! It matches your borders nicely, too. I wish my floor was already done, but right now I'm working on walls.
flcruising

Looks great!

Now you just need a little Roomba running around! :)
[color=blue]Aaron[/color]
tnt17

Hey Robin, looks great.
Question...how are those rugs err throw rugs i guess you'd call them, in front of the couch and chairs, staying down? Did you use the grippers, or are they slip and sliding around? My next project will be the formal dining room and living room. I've done half the house with laminate and the kitchen with vinyl tile.
Top picture in below thread is the pic of the laminate, looks similar to what you had put down just lighter, glueless lock and groove.

viewtopic.php?t=3373
[url=http://www.stormpulse.com]Huricane & Thunderstorm Tracker link[/url]
dandjbarrett

Beautiful floors.
curlylocks

Beautiful!
markow05

Okay Robin - you have convinced me that doing hardwood flooring will look good in our living room. I wasn't so sure until I saw how beautiful yours are. I'm also thinking about continuing it down our hall as well.

Thanks again Robin for sharing your photos and inspiration. :P Great job!!
klooper11

Definately don't apologize about paying for installation, hopefully you let them do the old removal as well.

Last summer I pulled all the old brick red carpeting and vinyl throughout my MH. Then I had to pull out about 40 million staples that had been holding the carpeting down (barely) along with some luan board from a previous repair. I had giant blisters in the palms of both hands for weeks!

I'll be paying them to remove the kitchen vinyl and luan next year.

btw, I had loose lay vinyl flooring installed throughout my MH in a low gloss maple wood color (couldn't do the expense of laminate) I love the loose lay vinyl (it's not glued down, so no luan underlayment required) it also can simply be picked up if any additional repairs to the subfloor are needed (though I think I got em all) and it doesn't move around either, they say the little suction cup surfaces underneath keep it in place.