Couple of landscaping projects

Come share your ideas for sprucing up your property.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

dandjbarrett

Before it got toooooo hot, I put this little flower bed in at the side of my house that faces the street. There are mature azaleas all along the front. The small tree is a dwarf spruce that should only reach about 12 feet in height when its full grown. In front of that I put in daylillies in yellow and pink. On the right are speedwell plants with purple bloom stalks:

In the back yard which is mostly sand I did a little Japanese garden around the base of the large pinoak. It has various mosses and gravel along with a Japanese lantern which can be lit at night:

Harry

Hi

I need to do something here. This gives me some ideas.

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
mobtek

Looks very nice. I wish I could get that far along in my list of projects. I have so many repair and refurbish projects in line that I can't begin to think about gardens yet.

Nice work!
1989 Fuqua SW
Yanita

Very pretty. I on the other hand have eliminated some flower beds. Seems NC just won't get any rain these past few summers. LOL, now I don't mind spending money on plants but I sure do mind have to throw them out.

Yup, I know, your thinking water them, well that gets expensive when we are also maintaining a water garden and pool. LOL, would rather have the pool!

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
dandjbarrett

Since South Carolina is in a years-long drought, I tried to plant things that would need little water and the Japanese garden has only some moss and mostly just pebbles. I wanted something to provide a decent view from the porch but that needed little maintenance and the japanese garden gives us a nice little view. The bed at the front has few flowers (5 day lilies and 4 speedwell plants) that provide a little touch of color, but are hardy enough to survive without a lot of care. I did have to water them the first month to get them established and after that they were on their own. I used cedar mulch to feed the azaleas and to hold the moisture. We've been getting a lot of storms so no watering has been necessary.
tnt17

what part of S.C are you in?
[url=http://www.stormpulse.com]Huricane & Thunderstorm Tracker link[/url]
dandjbarrett

tnt17 wrote:what part of S.C are you in?
Near Pawley's Island.
Katie

I really like what you did!!!!! It looks charming and very creative. It makes me want to bag the whole inside "thing" and do my landscaping. I planted a few Caladiums in my front planter along with some Boston ferns and some Crown of Thorns that I transplanted from the yard where I actually live. I had to have a little color out there.....and since the house had been vacant for so long, I wanted it to look like someone lives in it. (even tho its still not liveable.) The rest of my yard is a weed patch, but you have inspired me...and it cheers me and gives me something to look forward to. Thank you so much for posting the pictures, it really looks good.
It's only money, Right?