fireplace question..

Come share your ideas for sprucing up your property.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

curlylocks

this double wide that I am submitting an offer on tomorrow- has a corner fireplace that looks brick-- however closer inspection finds that it is some type of board with fake bricks on it.. they look to be maybe 1/2 inch thick... my question is ... do you think you could pry off the ugly fake bricks... apply some type of grout and re-do the face of the fireplace with some type of fake stone.. umm flat stone.. the single wide I live in now has these stones that look like random flagstone tho i am sure they are not flagstone just the only thing i can think of to describe them?
curlylocks

the fp in doublewide ^

so i wanna make the fp above look like this one V
Trudi

Very nice stone fireplace. You know how I like to play around in the PAINT program, if you remember the pic I posted of your kitchen. Just for fun, here's the fireplace. Oh, and I took the liberty of "painting" your walls too. :D

curlylocks

very cool.... now if i can figure out how to achieve that.. i guess some type of grout and fake stone....
Yanita

Hey Curlylocks,

Check in CPA's photo album, I think it was him that resurfaced a fireplace. Whatever you do make sure it meets codes.

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!