Rhododendrons and other rustic gardens

Come share your ideas for sprucing up your property.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Busybee1952

I'm just so proud of my rhodie I planted by the garage last year that I had to show it off. Might as well show you the other flower beds I put in last year too and the last one is the vegetable garden going in.
With courage you will dare to take risks, have the strength to be compassionate and the wisdom to be humble. Courage is the foundation of integrity ..... Nair, Keshavan
Robin

Busybee, I really like the flowers planted in the tree trunks. That's really cute.

Did you plant directly in them, or do you have pots in there? I am just wondering how long they might be expected to last, with potting soil in them.

I've got a few dead trees that need to come down - now I know what I can do with them! :wink:
Busybee1952

Hi Robin,
I planted directly in the stumps. Just scooped out the rotted parts, put some dirt in, stuck the plants in, put more dirt in and then kept really well watered for about a month until they were established. Glad you liked the idea!
Pat
With courage you will dare to take risks, have the strength to be compassionate and the wisdom to be humble. Courage is the foundation of integrity ..... Nair, Keshavan
Serena

What a beautiful rhododendron! I miss those, and lilacs. You've got quite a large vegetable patch. How nice. Hope you'll post a photo when it's growing.
sherry

Beautiful! You are always so dog- gone creative.