What One Woman Did With Her MH

Come share your ideas for sprucing up your property.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Trudi

I thought some of you might enjoy what this single mom did with her mh. It is featured in Country Living Magazine, and you can see it here.
http://www.countryliving.com/homes/hous ... ck=main_sr[/url]
mokehillannie

I couldn't find it. Where on the site do you look?
Trudi

Sorry about that, and thanks Bell. I copied the link that I found, and it worked last night, but not today. I probably did something wrong. :oops:
Yanita

Hi,

It worked for me. I had already discovered this home a while back. Personally I love the style!

Might be a little concerned about the porch roof structure attached to the wall,but hopefully someone had the for sight to beef up the studs and maybe add some extra blocking underneath.

Thanks for sharing and should anyone else come across any decorating links for MH's please feel free to share!

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
mokehillannie

Very impressive! I wish I had the imagination to make my old mobile look so nice. It isn't my style, but it has lots of pizazz and I really like it.

Our old mobile is in Arizona and I want to do a Santa Fe or Southwest style. I have lots of Ideas. I keep looking for inspiration pictures, but am not having a lot of luck finding anything. I don't really know where to look. Anyone have any ideas?
Yanita

Hi,

Try typing in the style of decorating you like in your search browser..exe...country, southwestern decorating etc...you should get more hits that you care to go through in a day. When I find something I like I always put it in my favorites folder.

Good luck,

Yanita
mokehillannie

Thanks Yanita.

I have tried googling Santa Fe and Southwest decor and it seems all I can find are the buildings. I want the decorating style. I must not be putting the right words in the browser. I have found a couple of sites, but not what I figured I should be able to find.

I have plenty of time. With the way we are going, it will be years before we get to the decorating part of fixing up this old mobile.
Yanita

Hi MokehillAnnie,

I didn't really read these sites just a quick glance, might help you out though. Sorry if you have already seen these.

http://ezinearticles.com/?Southwest-Sty ... Tips&id=34

http://interiordec.about.com/od/southwe ... yle.htm716

Yanita
mokehillannie

Thanks, but another bust. The first says "the url you requested is no longer available" and the other is just generic decorating and places to buy stuff. This is the same thing I have been running into.

I've been lurking at a decorating forum and as far as I can see, only one person is doing Southwest style decorating over there. Most are doing real formal styles. Not our cup of tea.

We are jeans and tee shirt people. I haven't owned "dress up clothes" in over 30 years. Haven't missed them either.

I got a magazine at the grocery store that comes the closest to what I'm looking for, I think the magazine is Arizona Living or something like that. I'm sure there is stuff out there in cyberspace, I'm just not smart enough to dig them out.
Susan

Mokehillannie,

I went to www.hgtv.com and did a search for "southwestern style decorating" and came up with 76 hits. I looked a some of them and it shared ideas, some pics, etc. Might be worth a try.
Susan

Accept that some days you're the pigeon and some days you're the statue
mokehillannie

Thanks Susan, I'll give that a try. I don't know why I didn't think of them.

I told you I wasn't all that smart. LOL