Installing Silver reflective 15% window Film on double pane.

Come share your ideas for sprucing up your property.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Last 2 days it's been freaking hot here in So Calif, my central air conditioner is been working great, but I'm trying to help reduce the work load. I've decided I'm going to install this mirror type film in the front windows and the sides 8 windows to be exact, during the late afternoon the sun is facing the front and right side and it gets really hot, not installing bathroom window,side door window and kitchen window. During the hot days all my curtains are drawn anyways to keep the heat out, this should help keep the house cooler. I like the fact I can open up all the blinds and get a nice outside view without being seen.

I ordered from these guys, high quality stuff.
http://www.buytint.net/NEW_PAGES/Librar ... _SPECS.htm
http://buytint.net/forms/sample_order.html

Already added window awnings helped a lot.
Image[/url]
Yanita

Hi,

In my other home we added window tint to all the south facing windows. I did not use the type you are, I got LIMO window tint in the auto section in Wal Mart. It reduced the temp in my sons bedroom by 12*.

With energy prices continuing to rise we need to use every thing we can to use less.

After this is installed and you get some comparisons let us know if it is cost effective.

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!

Hi Yanita, Yes I will post results if it's cost effective I don't see why not? I'm just trying to reduce the amount of times the AC kicks on, with all this global warming every year it's just going to get hotter and hotter until we all fry so every little bit should help.

I will take pictures outside and inside view.

I like it I like it a lot! Let the sun the sun shine bright!
Easier than installing wallpaper!
Not too dark not too bright just right!
Now I could open up the blinds, drapes and still stay cool!
Serena

You've done a beautiful job.
Yanita

Hey Jim,

Well you got that done in short order! Looks good. :D I might have to consider some sort of tinting on my back patio doors! Each door is a 15 light and of course they are facing south! For now it is the curtain/mini blind game in the heat of the day for those doors!

If you see significant savings in your utility bill let us know, others are sure to inquire.

Thanks for posting the updates.

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
yankee

we live in Indiana...any ideas for a reflective film/roll that can be usedin summer and removed in winter? Thanks, Jean
Trickey280

I am going to look into getting some of tint this weekend. Is there mirror tint in the auto section? Our metal mobile home is in full sunlight so I need something to help so the air isn't running all the time.