Awning repair complete

Come share your ideas for sprucing up your property.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Serena

The awning is back on the house. The trim is on. New lattice work.
Just need to redo some gardening and a few little repairs.Image

Hope that picture came thru. It ought to hold up well now. But, Yanita's advocating free-standing awnings is a really good idea.
Harry

Hi

You look pretty handy.

The lattice gives me an idea. I have to fabricate a water well cover of sorts.

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
Serena

Hi Harry. It's the menfolk who did the hard parts. I'm good at the helping, handing, holding, cleaning, etc.

The lattice is that vinyl stuff: expensive and heavy, but it does look better than the wooden lattice I had there before. I only have two fence posts in the garden now, but will get two more so that the lattice is in the garden and not tied to the awning posts on the ends. I wanted the lattice on the concrete, but haven't thought of a way to attach it securely yet.

I've seen propane tank covers which were made of this vinyl lattice. There are matching posts, top and bottom runners, and some little pieces. The two pieces I bought are each 4' x 8' and were about $50 total, including taxes. I think it was Home Depot, but might have been Lowes. They are heavy and not so easy to manage. I've got lots of wire ties on the overlapping area and on the posts.

The store can cut the lattice for you on their saw.