painting exterior

Come share your ideas for sprucing up your property.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Heather

Hey guys, Im hoping you can help. I need some ideas on a color for my mobile home. I hope someone has some pics that I could see. When it comes to a color I have no idea. And as far as painting metal goes, how hard is it? Thanks ... :D
Harry

Yo

Here's my coral sand and chocolate home on wheels. The shingle roof is redish.

Harry

Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
bqz

And as far as painting metal goes, how hard is it? Thanks ...
Not to bad,If get a pressure washer and wash the metal really good or garden hose will work with good water pressure,this will remove the dirt and allow your paint to stick better.
Note : don't get to close or you'll tear up stuff with pressure washer might be best to use hose and scrub brush if your not experinced with pressure washer.

My past experience has been to use "acrylic latex enamel exterior " with some type of bonding agent (I've used E&B in the past but check your local paint store and see what they have )
it's usually five gallons of paint to one gallon of bonding agent.
Get brush , roller and have fun.
Some use sprayers but I prefer brush and roller seems to get a thicker coat and last longer.
as far as color is concerned I kinda like burnt orange and brown,Sorry I don't have a picture for you.
Hope this is a help to you.