New Floors

Come share your ideas for sprucing up your property.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

texasprairierose

Yanita,

A while back, I posted a question about the Roma Stone luxury vinyl tile from Cryntel that we were thinking about putting down and you asked me to keep you updated.

Well, we have started the project. We put it down in the laundry room a couple of weeks ago and I love it!

If you recall, we had wood laminate in there but due to the hose coming off of our washing machine and flooding the laundry room, we knew that we would need to replace the flooring in there first...plus it is smaller, so we wouldn't have a lot invested in the tile if we didn't like it.

We went with the 18" x 18" tile and decided to grout with the acrylic grout that is made especially for this vinyl; we used 1/16" grout lines because we were concerned if the grout lines were much wider, they may crack with the shifting/settling of the house. The floor is beautiful!! Everyone that sees it cannot believe that it is not real stone.

We still lack getting the base boards and ceiling molding up. Once we are finished with that, I will post some pictures.

Diane
Yanita

Hi Texas,

Am looking forward to your pics, still cant imagine what this vinyl grout is all about. Hope fully you got some good install pics as well.

Thanks for the update!

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
bkbunny

My son redid his bathroom and the salesman had him buy grout also. He said he used it on the first lil area he did and then decided not to continue with using it between the rest of the tiles said they laid nicely next to each other with out it. So now has a container with nothing to do with. I was thinking it was so no water would seep into edges? But he siad he didn't think it necessary,,, guess time will tell...
texasprairierose

bkbunny,

The vinyl tile that we put down can be laid with or without grout but we wanted the grout so that it would look more like a stone floor instead of a marble floor.

Hopefully my husband will have some time this weekend to put up the base boards and ceiling trim so that I can post pictures soon.
Trudi

Thanks for the update. I was wondering about your project. Anxiously awaiting pictures. :)