washer paddings

Come share your ideas for sprucing up your property.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

bkbunny

OK new washer arrived, doesn't shake house down :lol: but,,,
it likes to dance :wink: when spinning :P it moves
My question is to all those folks who have purchased the padding sold here will it keep my washer next to the dryer and not in the hallway :lol: Next i will find the bugger out on back porch lmao
Thanks all
Mark
Site Admin

The absorption pads will help if its a top-loader washer. Results are mixed if you bought a front-loader.

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/absorbpads.html

Mark
You can't fail if you don't try!
Yanita

Hi,

Did anyone put a level on the machine to make sure that it is. On some washers you have to pull the back up off the floor, same with the front for the legs/feet to self adjust.

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
bkbunny

Hi yeppers its been leveled, need to get me some padding so it don't leave out the house soon,,,,,lol
DavidW

Had the same 'shake' problem when first moved in years ago. Never lived in a m.h. before. Wasn't expecting it.

Solved the problem with some heavy deck wood (3) 2 X 8's and (1) 2 X 6, all 66 inches long. Used deck screws to fasten to the 3/4" thick plywood sub-floor. Left the vinyl flooring in place, of course.

Had to cut a notch for the dryer vent, but outside of that, it was easy to install and not too expensive.

In the last 14 years, there has not been a problem with the washing machine shakin the m.h..

BTW, I discovered that GE washing machines of the 90's era (don't know if it's still true) had a faster spin cycle than others (Like Kenmore), thus the m.h. would shake worse.
Harry

Hi

I did something like DavidW. Under the washer and dryer put a thick rubber mat (black with holes in it) and a piece of 3/4" plywood over it secured with deck screws.

This reduced the shake 50% which reduced my brides complaining 50%.

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
bkbunny

lol Harry,,,,,,,, now to shut up the other 50%?
But, its just me I want to stop thinking about the shaking. It does have the extra fast spin cycle, haven't used that lol it would be in the back forty i think if I did that lol....
My brother and son are gonna do something wiht it this weekend. I can't move the washer and dryer to do anything with this so they are coming to my rescue :0)
stillworking

I'm getting the washer feed pads purchased from this site installed tonight. I'll post later on the results.
stillworking

I've used the washer a couple of times since installing the washer pads, and I like them. The washer is a Heavy Duty Kenmore, and on the regular cycle during spin the machine shaking was terrible. (The machine is level.) I would say the pads have made probably a 50% improvement in the vibration. The washer now sets higher than the dryer by the thickness of the pad (about 1"), not enough in my opinion to be a problem. On the other hand, the washer is now a lot easier to clean under. The pads really do stick to the floor; seems like they would help a lot in a situation where the machine is moving. I just had high quality vinyl flooring installed and wanted the pads for floor protection also. Hope this is helpful.