Trafficmaster Allure flooring, again

Come share your ideas for sprucing up your property.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

lindym

I'm new here and after reading for awhile wanted to ask the same question as the original poster (pics here https://www.mobilehomerepair.com/phpbb/v ... php?t=2368):

Has anyone actually used this and how has it held up? I found the product before I found this site.

DH and I are closing on a 1978 Homette DW. The place has been smoked in to 30 years and the flooring is in as bad of shape as the walls and ceiling.

We have used the 12" square self-stick tile a number of times and find that no matter how careful we are, they shift and separate. This new strip tile sticks to it's self rather than the floor, so hopefully it wouldn't move.

Any feed back would help in deciding what to use.

Thanks,
Linda
Yanita

Hi,

I forget the original poster on this, but since that thread I recently got a personal email updating the situation...they have been removed.

I seems that mold began growing under this stuff and then the seams that overlap one another started to come apart in short fashion also.

Installation was done correctly and they also said that Trafficmaster refunded the total cost. So needless to say these folks do not recommend the installation.

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
pardacanda

Lindy,

I just put the slate tile in my master bath. It is stunning. I did a lot of research, and one thing I did find is that you should not put it on cement in a basement -- because it is waterproof the condensation underneath it, on the cement, can allow mold to grow. Of course, in a mfg home that isn't a problem.

I would not put it in a smaller room with a lot of cuts again because there is a little extra waste with the slate since the pieces are 1' x 3'. The wood look would have been better for me being narrower pieces. Once you get used to looking at it you can see the "pattern" in the tiles. Some of them are reversed on different panels, for example, but you don't notice a pattern until you look for it.

When I was checking out at Home Depot with it the cashier told me that they had put it in their whole house and love it.

You do have to keep the sticky edges clean, and if you do get stuff on them you can use a damp cloth to clean it. And if you get one stuck down wrong you can pull it up and do it over. A big plus for me.

Hope this helps.
Angela
Mee Mee

FYI-The saleslady at my Home Depot told me that this flooring is totally waterproof and guaranteed for 25 years.

I installed this flooring several months ago in my kitchen and dining room and LOVE it. it was easy to install looks good and is holding up reasonably well, It does seem to be getting marred up from the chairs in the dining room. but I haven't tried anything to see if they will come off. If I want to remove it, it comes up with no major problems because it isnt stuck to the floor. in my opinion its a good product and I am thinking of using it in my living room.
Yanita

Hi,

Glad everyone is getting good results...could one of you post some pics of the finished product.

I am not real good at listening to a sales pitch...BUT...I would have to doubt the "completely waterproof" statement, water resistant maybe...

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!