Building a deck.

Come share your ideas for sprucing up your property.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Hello all, I was thinking about converting my small backyard to a deck would be about the same height as the top of the skirting and it will not be attached to the mobile home it will be free standing. Once the deck is built a wall will be added on the backside and sides to add some privacy. Right now the backyard is pretty much used for nothing and the grass is getting infested with weeds. The white fence you see is my neighbor back yard. I don't know if her close proximities will allow this.

I still need to run this pass the Park management and the neighbor. Just thinking what to do because I if no deck then I will lay down Black landscaping plastic and add more rocks, but would rather have a place to relax outside maybe even add a jacuzzi in the center if possibe.

Backyard area is roughly 6 ft wide by 24 ft.

Just wondering if anyone has done this and if they have any info to add.

http://www.doityourself.com/scat/decks
Harry

Hi

I used Lowes Deck Planner. The county recommended it.

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=p ... plash.html

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
Yanita

Hi,

Wow, that is a tight back yard, but usable space.

As you said you need to get management approval. If you gain permission then when getting your building plans be sure to build for the future jacuzzi/hot tub. Also remember that it will need it's own dedicated electrical circuit.

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!

Thanks for the replies and the links, yeah I know not much of a yard so I been thinking of ways to improve my mobile home living and also should increase the value of my home. The only yard work
is this backyard grass which offers no privacy. I hope it will be approved and gives me a project it won't be until spring or summer before I decide to start, been reading up on building decks to make sure it will be done correctly and will last. I may or may not add a jacuzzi but been noticing a lot of them are given away for free in the pennysaver ad, some say moving must get rid of just come pick it up, so will see.

Thanks Jim

Oh I do have room for one more double pole 220 breaker and that's it no more.