Cleaning tub versus repainting or replacing

Come share your ideas for sprucing up your property.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Koiflowers

Hi. I have received couple of "private" posts asking about cleaning plastic mobile home tubs using the suggestion I found on thriftyfun.com. So many people on other groups have this same problem that I thought even though its really corny I would post a couple before and after pics of my sink and toilet that were stained from iron. Tub is already clean for first time in 8 years so no pics of that. First I cleaned with bathroom cleaner so the test would be fair. P.S. another group user's tub was stained with tanning products and she was a renter and very worried about landlord. It worked for her orange stains when nothing else would. You still have to scrub hard on tough rust and iron stains, but they really do come out.

Before pics after cleaning toilet with "SnoBlo - removes subborn rust"

Aftercleaning with Super Clean (toilet cleaned on lower right quarter) for nice comparison. Wish pics were better.

My hero! Found in the automotive section at "Wal-Mart"
Yanita

Hi,

Thanks for the comparison pics and product info. I will move this thread to the Decorating forum, I know, LOL, it's not decorating, but you need to clean before you can decorate right.

We try to keep the repair forum for just that...repairs, about the only exceptions are if the Boss, that would be Mark or the Mods need to make some sort of announcement/notice.

Thanks for understanding,

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Koiflowers

Yanita, you might not need to clean before you decorate, but you absolutely must clean before you snap that pic. LOL

So far that bathroom is off limits.