Trafficmaster Allure flooring

Come share your ideas for sprucing up your property.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

aa6660

Has anyone used this in their mobile home? I think we are going to do a test run in a small guest bathroom, but I was wanting to hear some opinions from others who had installed as to how it was holding up.

Some links:
http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/sto ... -100593150
http://www6.homedepot.com/tv/hdtv_playe ... oID=000166

Here are some pics that I took from the HomeDepot site and merged together.

They are lightweight.
They are waterproof and are recommended for kitchen/bath/basement installation. (Yes, we have one of the idiot mobile homes with carpet in the bathroom. Yuck!)
Price starts out around $1.69/sq ft for the material itself. Best thing is that aside from some double-stick tape for the perimeter, there are no other installation materials needed which equal hidden costs (like underlayment, adhesive, grout, etc.). Tools needed can be as simple as a straight edge and razor knife. (But I've heard snips can make it easier, and also to rent a roller once you are done to go over the seams.)
It also looks like a DIY job, especially if you are putting it in a room without complex corners or molding. You don't have to put anything down over the subfloor because the material adheres only to itself.

I'm really considering this product. After watching the video and reading the instructions, I am confident we can install this ourselves. Therefore, we can do it a room at a time. Also, the price seems good, as peel and stick tile is about the only thing I see that would truly be cheaper. Also, the planks can be replaced if something were to gouge them - just buy an extra box to keep on hand.
JD
Site Admin

Several forum members have used this product and really seem to like it. Yanita has it in her home and will probably be by in a bit. I am sure she can tell you about it.

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
aa6660

Thanks! I did a search of the web and came across a thread on it here, but it was a few years old. After I registered for what I thought was the forum, I discoverd that all of the forums were closed. It took some clicking, but I finally got to the new set of forums and reregistered. I have also downloaded the book and look forward to reading over it more carefully this weekend.

Our mobile home is 60x28 and a '96, I think. We've got pets and I just don't think you ever really recover from housetraining. We don't think we'll be bringing in any new dogs, so now it is finally time to start doing some work to some of the stuff that got damaged over the years. First to go will be the carpet. I know that the urine is in the carpet pad and no amount of cleaning will really get it out. Now one of the cats has decided that he'll pee in that same spot the dogs did, so it is a never ending cycle. Getting the carpet and pad out will be the only fix. Budget is going to be really tight, so this product is really exciting to us. There is a Home Depot about 40 minutes away, so perhaps we can take a trip this weekend and look at it in person!

I've spoken to some people who used it in their travel trailers and they all seem happy. If this works, that may also be something we look at doing to ours - around 20 years old.
Yanita

Hi,

Welcome to the site!

Sorry, but it was not me that used the Traffic Master. As JD said I believe there are some forum members that have used the product. Hopefully one of them will see this thread and chime in.

As for the urine problems, you can get Nature's Miracle in any quality pet store. This product removes the urine, breaks down the organic materials opposed to covering them up.

When you do remove your carpet you will probably need to use the product again and paint your sub floors with a good primer to seal them up.

Good luck with your home improvements and please keep us updated as you do them. You can also create your own personal photo album here on site.

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!