Making For Sale poster

Come share your ideas for sprucing up your property.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Handweaving

Hi all,
I'm ready to sell my mobile home and move near my grandchildren. I've put up five pics in my Profile space and wondering if they are ok. I only have one sheet of 8 1/2 x 11" sheet to work with so I can't post everything.
Thanks so muchImage

Maybe this pic thing works, if not please check MPS
P.S. I will be taking these pics again when I clean up the mess.
wes

i think the 3rd from the top needs to be lighter. at least no darker than than the others.
Koiflowers

Your house looks really good. I stage houses (also flip them) and I do have a couple of suggestions. They are only suggestions though from my point of view as your "potential buyer."

I would remove the clock from the bathroom sink. It is out of place there. Hang a nice clock on the wall. What is reflecting in the mirror? It looks really interesting and I'm curious. I like your shower curtain and love that you have a framed mirror over the vanity instead of a slab mirror like most MH's come with. Also happy you don't have the standard blue flowered vinyl wallboard in there.

On your second picture. When you retake it I would not make the bar be the focal point, since you seem to really be showing off your attractive living room. I would try to take it with the counter at your back and at an angle toward the living room to focus on sofa, window, credenza area - to showcase its size and airiness.

I can't make out the third picture too well, but I like the shelves and would suggest that you not pack them full but instead showcase a few interesting items (I just can't see it too well, so you may have it good already). Also don't have too many items on the shelf over the window. I would angle the camera so more of the window shows, without losing the bookcase though.

For the fourth picture, I wouldn't focus on the bar from the back side with all the books. The books look messy and that's the first place my eye went to. I would stand over by the table and focus in on the kitchen proper. Looks like your plate rack could make a nicer focal point with the kitchen side of the bar in the left-hand side of the picture. Does that make sense? You have a phenomenal kitchen/ dining space especially with the bookcases on the right (out of this picture but showing in previous picture). Maybe even take the picture standing back by that bookcase and focus toward the kitchen so we can tell how large the space is. The trend is toward open-concept living spaces, which you have.

Your last picture - what is it a water-fall feature? or a mosaic? I put a waterfall inserted into the wall so it was "built-in" but removable for servicing" in my last house and would turn it on every time the house was shown and it was a huge hit. It gave my house that something something no other house had.

I think your house will be very easy to sell. And good luck.
Handweaving

Thank you for all the good info.
Wow. thanks.
The thing that looks like a waterfall is just a vine that I mosaiced into my front door window. In the bathroom: I took the bad medicine cabinet down and put a mirror up so then I had to build a 7" deep 5' tall unit onto the wall and didn't want to use glass in the door so I had some upholstery material and inserted it in there.
I removed the clock from the bathroom, thanks
I moved the messy bookcase since it was just my books packed in plastic crates for easier moving.
I have taken good care of this house since I thought I would be living here forever. (until grandkids-600 miles north!)
Your waterfalls sound great, I always thought I would like to have an aquarium in the wall of a house where you could also see through from the outside. Except I always live where it's too cold. In fact the other night I was watching TV and thought....gee, it's kind of chilly in here.....I checked the thermostat and it read 48!
So I turned the heat on to my usual 60.
My central air is soooooo good I can sleep with a blanket in the summer!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for all your help.....do you have a website?
Yanita

Hi,

Not sure what type or size water fall you are speaking of, but a word of advice. Be careful in a MH on how much moisture/humidity you create within the home. A small tabletop water feature would be fine anything much larger and you are certainly looking for trouble in the long run.

JMO,

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Koiflowers

Not to worry, it was an indoor water feature from Lowe's that was about 3 feet high and maybe a foot or so wide ($150). I trimmed it out to make it look more substantial. It was the trim that popped it off the wall. When not running it was a piece of art. Also it was not in a mobile home.

Yanita, this is a great website. Not much else on the internet for MH inspiration.
Yanita

Hi Koiflowers,

Might be best to clarify what you put where, traditional stick built vs MH. Traditional homes have 2x4 interior walls, mobiles have anything from 1x3, 2x2 and 2x4. Certainly makes a difference on what can be hung and what can't.

Thanks for the compliment about the site. There are many folks that make this a great place to get info, ideas and opinions. Certainly look forward to your contributions.

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!