moved into the new place

Come share your ideas for sprucing up your property.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

curlylocks

well got all moved into the new place ... posted a few before and afters.. working as funds allow .. but got that lime green and school bus yellow covered up and have moved on to wall paper working on papering the bathrooms..
JD
Site Admin

Yes, I like that color much better. Nice home.

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
Handweaving

Curlylocks,
Nice work. I'm a do-it-yourselfer too.
Wish I were younger tho.
What!! you don't like lime green and yellow? ha ha
Did you put in that livingroom floor? nice job.
Thanks for posting pics.
Arlo

Wow! The paint makes all the difference. Very peaceful. You must really love to paint!

I was looking at your photo album and I was wondering what type of floor you had in your old '75? Was that laminate or the Novalis vinyl? How did it hold up? It looks good.
Yanita

Hi,

Very nice, I like those ceilings as well.

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
curlylocks

yanita.. yes can u believe the people who rented this place b4 i bought it also painted the kitchen ceilings bright yellow and the hall in the living room ceiling lime green ..

Arlo my old livingroom floors were novalis vinyl planks... and yes they hold up very well, I had my chow ripping and running all over them with his long nails and no problems.. easy to clean also and if u have a problem with one you can buy just one plank seperatly to replace it also the price is very nice... runs @ 1.00 a square foot... they also make a 18 x 18" tile also I plan to use that in my kitchen, I would love to put down the wood look planks but with wood ceilings I think it might be too much wood,,

my bedrooms and my living room now are carpeted " I hate carpet" but ... its pretty new carpet past owner recently replaced it so for now and for economic reasons I will just deal with it for now..

HAHA yes I LOVE to paint and wallpaper If I ever quit my day job I could be a "painter"

Lowe's is my favorite store...
Yanita

Hey Curly,

I was telling my Hubby about your ceilings...sooo, my next question is what is up there?

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
curlylocks

oh it came that way new, it appears to just be wall paneling... and cheapy 2x 2's that have a scrolled edge for the beams

(my dad bought this place brand new then sold it to someone and then I ended up buying it from them.... I took a loan from my dad to buy it and he said ... dang it now i've bought that mobile home twice!)