Finished bathroom pictures...

Come share your ideas for sprucing up your property.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Robin

We finally finished our bathroom! Woohoo!! Seriously, it was my first taste of doing this kind of work, and I think it turned out pretty well. I'll post a couple of pics here, before and after, but the rest of my pics will be in my album, if you want to take a look. But since I'm on dial-up, I'll try and get them posted this week, at work. It's ridiculous how long it takes from home!!

Before:

After:

We put down new sheet vinyl flooring. I bought the vanity and marble top from Lowe's. I found a kitchen pantry that was perfect, all I had to do was stain it. I also did the mirror myself. You can't see it in these pictures, but I'll try and upload more pics later this week from work. The mirror was framed with this thin yukky mauve stuff, so I replaced that with some more of that mullion I used as baseboard, I just stained and polyurethaned it. Since my corners didn't turn out too great, I went back to Lowe's and bought some decorative wooden corner blocks, stain and polyurethaned them and attached them. There will be some pictures with more detail. So now, the bathroom looks more like a guest bath should look, and not so much like a kids' bathroom.
Yanita

Hi Robin,

Thanks for sharing your home improvement pics and be sure to let us know when you get the rest of them in your album.

Good job for your first home improvement project! Gotta love not having that pinky/mauve counter top! Do not get me wrong I like the color pink, just not that color.

Happy New Year!

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Jim from Canada

Looks much better. Nice job!

Jim
Dirty White Boy

That looks great!!! did you get the lino at Lowes also?
Robin

Yanita, I don't know WHAT I was thinking when I ordered that countertop 13 years ago! I must have been delirious at the time! LOL

The vinyl I got at a local home improvement store, and I really hope they still have it when I get to the other end with my projects and do our master bathroom. Thanks for all the compliments!

I just noticed in the AFTER pic that the vanity looks much darker on the front than it does on the side, and it really is somewhat darker but it's not that noticeable in real life as it seems to be in that picture.
Yanita

LOL Robin..If remember correctly that many years ago that color was "in"! Thank goodness it is no longer.

As for the difference in the stains on the vanity I honestly had not noticed until you pointed it out.

The home improvements stores typically have the same designs for quite sometime. If yours does not you might want to consider getting the amount you need now to much for your future project while it is still in stock. I have found for the most part as long as you stay with pretty much the same "tilt" look and color shades, you really do not notice the difference from one room to the next.

Happy New Year,

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Robin

I used to love that mauve color, but my love for it is GONE!

I think I will go back within the next couple of weeks and get the vinyl I'll need for my other bathroom. I'd rather do that, than not be able to get any more of it, even tho they told me it's pretty much a stock item. My luck doesn't run too good sometimes!

I just uploaded a new avatar - that's my and my hubby! Happy New Year, everyone!