painting....

Come share your ideas for sprucing up your property.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

nikki_0724

panal and over paper?

I ahve panal in about 90% of my home and paper panal? or what ever the heck it is in the other 10% I want to start painting. Do i need to primer first or just use a few coats. I dont want to dry wall the panal b/c i seen it painted in a different home and it looks REALLY nice!
JD
Site Admin

I also think that painted paneling looks good. It will also have less maintenance issues than sheetrock or textures.

Just use Kilz Original, Kilz Premium, or Zinsser 123 primer on the walls before painting and it will turn out nice.

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
Yanita

HI Nikki,

Just to add to what JD said, it is always good to wash the walls with TSP, this is a cleaning product (powdered from in a box) it can be found at Lowe's and Home Depot, sure other places have it as well. This will etch the walls a little and get a great bond with the primer.

Also check out past threads in this forum and see what others have done with texturing their walls.

Happy Holidays,

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!