Granite counter tops

Come share your ideas for sprucing up your property.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

texasprairierose

I did a search on granite counter tops and didn't find anything so I hope that I am not posting something that has already been answered.

We have an Oak Creek double wide mobile home. We special ordered it and have had it for 15 years and we have constantly been upgrading it. About 10 years ago, we had a garage and basement built and over the last five years, we have removed 20 windows and replaced them with double hung storm windows, replaced all of the exterior doors, put laminate floors down in the kitchen, laundry and guest bath room, and had a concrete front porch and sidewalks poured.

We have ceramic counter tops in the kitchen and master bath and since the house is 15 years old, it is time to start thinking about updating those. We have looked at several different options and are seriously thinking about having granite counter tops installed. Has anyone done this in a mobile home?

We are kind of concerned about the weight. However, our home is constructed with 2 x 6's instead of 2 x 4's so we wondered if that would make a difference.

We would love to hear any thoughts or ideas!
Yanita

You should be fine, BUT, I say that having no idea how your base cabinets are constructed.

Does your home have out riggers or any other type of perimeter blocking?

Also, I was at Lowe's today looking at granite tiles, typically designed for floors, but could be used as counter top tiles. Much cheaper and also alot less weight.

Just a thought,

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!