Electric Fireplace

Come share your ideas for sprucing up your property.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

dandjbarrett

Does anyone have an electric fireplace in their home? I have one that I haven't installed yet (runs on regular house current) and thought it would make a nice focal point in the living room. I'm wondering if only using it in the coldest months on occasion (I live in SC so it doesn't get too cold) and also using it without the heat just for the "fire" feature would impact the electric bill a great deal. Anyone??? I'd love some advice.
Sylvia

We have two. One in the media room downstairs and one in the master bedroom downstairs. We absolutely love them. It hasn't been really cold enough to judge whether it will take the cold off in the morning but I think they will. We have two different kinds by far the best is the most recent purchase from Lowe's. It's beautiful and the fire is very realistic.

Image Bedroom

Image Media room

We installed dedicated outlets for each of them though. DH also taped a fireplace sound and put it in a small recorder that loops. :~)
Mark
Site Admin

I love the personal touch of the wide-screen flat tv above each fireplace! I keep telling the wife I need one of those tv's in the work shop outside. I get that look, but someday it'll happen.

Otherwise your fireplaces are the coolest! And you even added sound effects. LOL.

Mark
You can't fail if you don't try!
Sylvia

I really would rather have had artwork or a mirror. The TV's are DH's decor additions :roll: I want to set it up so we have a cd of artwork/photos on a cd and "play" it instead of the tv. Though I must say, it's pretty ok to watch that tv from bed. :wink:
Mark
Site Admin

Our dentist office has one of those big tv's in the waiting room, and all he plays on it is a digital aquarium.

We all like our tv's. At my home office, I have a smaller flat screen next to my computer monitor. However, it can also double as a second monitor, so that's pretty cool.

Mark
You can't fail if you don't try!
dandjbarrett

Wow, Sylvia!!!!! Those fireplaces are beautiful!!!!! I'm going to set mine up as soon as possible. It is a Lowe's cherry corner unit since I don't have a full wall in the living room where it could go. Seeing how beautiful yours look is inspirational.