Breaking up obnoxious high skirting

Come share your ideas for sprucing up your property.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

J_SEPH0729

We are in the middle of remodeling. We are having vinyl siding put on and trying to decide on our skirting. Either way if we go with tin or vinyl we are about 4 to 5 foot above grade along the back. So basically we will have that 8 foot high wall with vinyl siding one color and then the skirting being 4 foot of another or even the same color just sounds hideous. We currently have this brown and black rock looking skirting that has became brittle and sort of reminds me of the 90's when it was installed. Then there are the brick and rock panels that look amazing but would break the bank at the price they want for them. Has anyone done and have pictures of how they broke up the two so it looks good when the skirting is half as high as the wall? Does anyone have suggestions, preferably with pictures.
Thanks
Greg

Metal panels (pole barn siding) can be ordered in about any color. For skirting they are long lasting & about bullet proof. Not too hard to install.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
J_SEPH0729

Greg wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:23 am Metal panels (pole barn siding) can be ordered in about any color. For skirting they are long lasting & about bullet proof. Not too hard to install.

Greg
Yes I have thought of this. Guess I just do not like the thought of two big solid colors like this. Lot different compared to the bottom pic of having short skirting.
Captureq.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lancer21

Can't it simply be painted if you don't like the big blocks of solid colors? Or can something else be put over it?