Vinyl Shutters

Come share your ideas for sprucing up your property.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

I'd like to start painting the trim on my '72 Newport. First thing I have to do is order new vinyl shutters to replace the aging (and original) wood ones. I plan to order the vinyl shutters in burgundy and get a custom-mixed trim paint to match at Home Depot. I have found a site (Mobile Home Advantage) that is having a sale on vinyl shutters that averages $25 a pair including mounting hardware. Is this a good deal? Has anyone dealt with this site in the past? Most of the other shutters I've seen go for about $40 a pair. I don't want to end up with inferior quality just to save a few bucks.
JD
Site Admin

Hi Wayne,

I have bought from Mobile Home Advantage a couple of times. I had no problems with the orders. I had to ask them quite a few questions about the products I needed and they were very helpful and seemed like nice honest people to me.

I have installed a lot of the vinyl shutters in my time and they seem to be of comparable quality.

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
Sylvia

Why don't you just get the vinyl shutters from Lowe's when you pick up the paint? I believe they'd be quite a bit less expensive.

We have replaced every piece on the mh portion of our home and not one piece came from anywhere other than a home improvement store.

Because these are 9" wide X 40" long Mobile Home shutters of course!! Most retail outlets only stock 10 - 12" wide ones.

I bought my window awnings from them, no problems.