getting rid of perinials

Come share your ideas for sprucing up your property.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Indians

Can anyone tell me how to kill perennials?

We have only been here since May. We have these tulip things growing everywhere. And I keep digging and digging and digging. (Round-up won't even kill them!) And the park is getting on my case to clean up. We have removed a total of 22 stumps (trees and bushes) by digging them up. We still have 6 more to go. This place looked like a jungle. Which you couldn't see in winter...of course. Comes to find out from the neighbors the person who lived here didn't get along with anyone so isolated themselves in.

It just seems like one thing after another.

First day...ANTS...took care of that. Oh let me add taking the swing set to the back yard. At least...I mean At least 20 snakes went 500 different direction.
Second day...rained...guess what...LEAKED...took care of that.
Second day...SMELL...still have...we are on our 3rd guy to try and figure the smell out.
2 weeks ago...a creature ran through our yard. Da*n WOODCHUCKS. I think if the neighbors hear me scream one more time...Oh never mind... they are getting use to it. Thank goodness for good neighbors. They like a good laugh.

Sorry just rambling...Somedays...

It will get better.

Thanks everyone...

Any advise is greatly appreciated.

B
Harry

Hi

Sounds like you are making progress.

I don't think I'll ever get done here. The wife keeps adding items on the "do-list".

Harry

PS: snakes don't like moth balls...so throw some under the home.
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
Yanita

Hi,

Kind of confused on your perennial dilemma.

Tulips are bulbs, not bushes.

Harry is correct about putting some moth balls under your home. Go easy though, it does not take to many. If you smell them inside the home then you put to many underneath.

Once the land is cleaned up, that will help with the snake activity hopefully. :?

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Sylvia

Tulips come up only in the spring. Maybe you have some kind of asiatic lily? Perhaps if you post a picture we can ID it. Then put an ad on freecycle for free plants to dig up. They'll likely be gone within the day.
Yanita

Hey Sylvia, good idea about freecycle...
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!