Sliding Glass Entry Doors

Come share your ideas for sprucing up your property.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

SoFlorida

If you have them, do you have vertical blinds or curtains or anything else for privacy?
ponch37300

We have vertical blinds. Our sliding door is in our dining room so it's nice to be able to have some privacy but still let some light in.
SoFlorida

ponch37300 wrote:We have vertical blinds. Our sliding door is in our dining room so it's nice to be able to have some privacy but still let some light in.
Do you use that door a lot. That's what I was looking for originally but on Walmart someone rated it low saying that the one I was looking at was not good because if it gets too much use the panels will fall off within a year.
KLBoldon

I wanted to put vertical blinds up on ours, as they are economical and easy to use. but my wife said she did not like them.
Greg S

Our sliding door is on our kitchen and we have verticals for privacy. We have had them in place for 20 years and were high quality when we bought them. Some have had the plastic piece at the top break but were easily replaced. It does come down to quality and the reality is that nothing you buy at Walmart is of quality. Walmart buys all their products at rock bottom prices which keeps the sale price down but forces the manufacturers to cut corners in quality to make a profit.

You can have low prices or you can have quality but rarely can you have both. It is usually better to save longer and buy quality that go cheap and expect to be happy.
An individual must enforce his own meaning in life and rise above the perceived conformity of the masses. (Anton LaVey)
SoFlorida

Thanks all for the info. I ended up buying some at Home Depot. They look great, I found the best way to open them is to twist them half way and then slide them over and not too fast.
Aaronjohn

Look for a style that is rated well for energy efficiency to make sure your improvement will add value to the home and your day to day living.
Aaron John
www.247torontolocksmith.com